Some of the blood that cries out from this ground belonged to my great-great grandfather. Every time I tell the story and walk where he walked... when I stand at his grave with the little granite marker bearing his initials, I am moved.
I'm not an employee of a tour company. This is what I do. This is what I love... my country and the people who made it what it is.
There are many guides here in Franklin, some better than I am, but none more passionate and none with family history beneath his feet.
All tours are private. You and your party - maximum size is six guests - will travel in a 2018 black on black GMC Yukon XL. A mini-bus with up to 14 passenger capacity is available at extra cost.
Call or send us an email. Let’s make an appointment and confer via phone, probably several times, until we get it ironed out.
Credit card must be placed on file when the tour is booked.
· 50% deposit will be charged to your card upon booking.
· Balance will be charged at the beginning of the tour.
· Cancel 7 days before your tour for a complete refund.
· Cancel less than 7 days before your tour, well, bless your heart, no refund.
· Activity Level – moderate. Ascending Winstead Hill is the most strenuous portion of the tour. The hill need not be climbed but doing so will heighten the overall experience.
· Wheelchair friendly: no. Historic house museums are not typically handicapped accessible to the second floor or basement. Fort Granger and Winstead Hill are natural sights that are not handicapped accessible.
· Kid friendly: Yes! Please bring car seat if needed.
· Attire: comfortable walking shoes and seasonally appropriate clothing.
· Inclement weather: the show goes on!